Thursday, May 5, 2011

{ Back to Basics }

In order to break through this longgggggg (did I mention long) plateau issue, I have spent most of the past week going back to the basics and taking the pressure off.

Back to the basics of eating whole, natural foods, making a meal plan (for an obsessive compulsive eater, this is a key), writing everything down that goes in my mouth, kicking up the exercise every day, increasing my water intake, and most importantly for me right now.................taking the pressure off.  I remembered that last year when I lost the 70+ pounds, I didn't put pressure on myself..it just was.  Laurel Mellin, author of The Pathway and The Solution, says something to the effect of "weight loss should be joyful work."  So, that is what I am working on right now.

Oh, and I was recently elected as Co-Leader of my TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) group and so have pledged to go to my meetings every week religiously.  It is so easy to just stay home when you don't have a loss.  No more for this chickie.


Short blog, but wanted to update with my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment